• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

plan analyst soft ware

codeworks

Gold Member
is anyon using plananalyst? (Ben Weese and Assoc) i read the web page this weekend. beam check, calc program looks good. i used it in 87 when working under BOCA in vt, it was fairly new (second year of development), and am curious about advancement in it's usability/depth etc. i was impressed then. i'd figure it's better, please let me know

I used Plan Analyst when I was reviewing plans. It helped immensely when I was starting out and then I found I did not need it for the majority of small simple projects we where seeing here. I just purchased the 2012 edition since we will be adopting the 2012 codes and I have someone who has moved from the inspector slot to the plans examiner position. I believe it will be a good tool for him to train with.

We use it here for big stuff...no training makes it tough to use, plus we have to go back in and edit everything for our state amendments. I think the boss likes it because it gives an impressive looking report. Most of what I see it doing, I can check faster manually.....