• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

plan review mark up tool

TheCommish

Sawhorse
What say those who do electronic plan review? What is the best and easiest mark up tool for review an annotate plans markup?

I have heard of Blue Beam and PDF markup tool

classicT

Sawhorse
BlueBeam is the only way to go. The mark-up features are outstanding.

Our permit tech's swear that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread because of the ability to accurately and quickly measure square footage or distance.

mtlogcabin

Sawhorse
Blue Beam is the only way to go. We have been using it for 4 years now. 2 years ago the public works department came on board with electronic submissions and using Blue Beam. They use the "Studio" part where they can discuss and make changes in real time with the DP. It has significantly reduced the time frame for getting projects approved through plan review not to mention the cubic foot of storage space required for records retention of paper drawings

Paul Sweet

Sawhorse
If you're on a tight budget PDF-XChange Editor can also do measurements as well as comments, and only costs $50 or so. You can flatten the comments so they can't be changed. It looks like comments can be exported, although I haven't tried that. It is single user, so it doesn't have collaboration like Blue Beam Studio does.

mark handler

Sawhorse
With Jeff's suggestion I implemented Bluebeam, in April. Everyone i have Suggested it to loves it. Several agencies in My area now use it including, LA County Fire, an agency of nearly 4,800 personnel.

mtlogcabin

Sawhorse
You can also get a 30 day free trial use from bluebeam for each email account you used. We used a city email and a personal email to get a 60 days of free use and by then we where sold on it. It is a one time license fee and the a $50.00 per year maintenance

cda

Sawhorse 123
You can also get a 30 day free trial use from bluebeam for each email account you used. We used a city email and a personal email to get a 60 days of free use and by then we where sold on it. It is a one time license fee and the a $50.00 per year maintenance

How much is the license

And how many computers or users are allowed ?

jar546

*****istrator
How much is the license

And how many computers or users are allowed ?

Each seat is about $349 so it is licensed/assigned to a computer, not a user. That is a 1x fee then we pay about $99 per year per seat to have continued support and automatic updates and upgrades too. The upgrades and service are worth it.

Reactions: cda

ADAguy

Sawhorse
Yes to all but as an "Old Dog" it took some adjusting to and still does.
It is the Revit of programs as to the number of items and customization available.

tbz

Silver Member
As noted by others, Bluebeam is the best choice, it has a learning curve, but the 30 day free trial will have you hooked before the times up.

As suggested, download the trial and then choose.