• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Planning Act, Section 58 1/2

Inspector 102

Silver Member
Under the provisions of our zoning code, it requires certain items to obtain approval under Planning Act, Section 58 1/2. I have no idea what this is or how old it is. I am guessing this is a section of the local ordinance that has simply bean carried on the books for so long and has been replaced by other state statutes. this would be located in Indiana if that makes a difference. thanks for any input.

Have you looked at the State statutes? Local muni's don't typically enact "acts", but ordinances. "Planning Act" sounds like a State law/statute to me.

I'm not in Indiana though, so maybe not??

Hum

Must have some dots and dashes in the law

Planning Act, Section 58 1/2