• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Plywood over metal decking?

I'd argue that the plywood is allowed as a floor finish and the floor likely does not need to be 1 hour rated....

What's the 1-hour rated floor-ceiling assembly, and the subfloor component of that?

I agree -- if the plywood is the "finished" floor, it is allowed. If it's the subfloor and part of the rated assembly, it's not allowed.

What's the 1-hour rated floor-ceiling assembly, and the subfloor component of that?

I agree -- if the plywood is the "finished" floor, it is allowed. If it's the subfloor and part of the rated assembly, it's not allowed.
I'm arguing the floor/ ceiling does not need to be rated as I do not know that "utility rooms" need to be rated even though the OP does:
I know the utility rooms have to be 1 hour rated including the lid.

I'm arguing the floor/ ceiling does not need to be rated as I do not know that "utility rooms" need to be rated even though the OP does:
I'm not sure why they are required to be rated per the OP. Perhaps incidental use (Sec. 509).

The OP stated that the utility room requires a 1-hour rated enclosure. Unless he changes that, I don't see anything productive to be gained by making suggestions that don't incorporate that as a parameter.