• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Portable fire extinguishers in open parking lots?

blugosi

I am looking for a reference to portable fire extinguisher requirements in open , ground floor parking lots and I cannot find any.
Searched IBC, IFC, NFPA 101, NFPA 88A and found nothing.
Does this mean there are no such requirements , or is it maybe the City sets additional requirements during the Parking Lot Licensing process?

Yes, I agree.
My question is whether such requirements are regulated by the city.

Do these open parking lots in major US cities need PFEs to get their license to operate ?
If I remember correctly from my last trip to the US, the parking lot next to my hotel in San Antonio TX did not have any PFEs . It was a 40-50 car parking lot.
The 2021 International Fire Code has no specific regulation for PFEs in an open, outdoor area.