• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

PV CROSSES BOUNDARY

Francis Vineyard

Reference 2011 NEC & 2012 IBC (Virginia amended), welcome to quote current editions.

Need help on code sections that either prohibits or what to look for the following installation.

Proposed rooftop PV panels installed on an apartment building; the grid will be tied via underground cable to another property i.e. across a boundary line to the service equipment on another building.

Thanks in advance for your input.

& ~ &

Are there any documents approving \ recording
this "utility line from one property over to another
property" [ i.e. - Zoning or local ordinances
approval ] ?

& ~ &

It's not "utility" in the usual sense. The POCO might see this as one property selling power to another property. Edison gets real testy about a quid pro quo that religates Edison odd man out.

What about access accorded to each property for the entire system?

Last edited:
Can non-PV service lines transend the Property lines? Yes.
As long as it is recorded, i do not see an issue