• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Quantico MCB Bachelors Enlisted Quarters

What can you do with military barricks? It's a big box with a bunch of cubes inside. I've seen way worse........

ICE said:
Were there bars on the windows?
DOES KIND OF REMIND ME OF SING SING

026.jpg

fatboy said:
What can you do with military barricks? It's a big box with a bunch of cubes inside. I've seen way worse........
I've bunked in a hell of a lot worse! Field toilets 6" apart. Now that togetherness. Infested with mosquitoes. Air conditioning? Whats that? Television? Maybe if you had a day room.

jpranch said:
I've bunked in a hell of a lot worse! Field toilets 6" apart. Now that togetherness. Infested with mosquitoes. Air conditioning? Whats that? Television? Maybe if you had a day room.
Life without a television.....shoot me now!.....Nowadays you can tweet what you're thinking.....this is the generation that lives inside the television.....one becomes their own entertainment with their own sitcom.....you can catch the next episode on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
ICE said:
Life without a television.....shoot me now!....Nowadays you can tweet your displeasure
Well, just so you all know, I have not had a television for years. Every time I travel and turn the TV on at the hotel I understand why.

Missiles in Romania. Poland after that site is complete.

Architecturally, contractors on most military bases must conform a particular type and that varies from base to base, region to region. Contractors at Marine Corps Quantico Base use planning standards found in the Base Exterior Architectural Plan. Any design over the top or not the norm will not be accepted.

: - :

I thought that I read somewhere that the DoD had adopted

the ICC family of codes to use.

If the the MCB Quantico Project is using the BEAP, what

about the ICC codes?....Do you know if the DoD uses them

at all?.....Also, I seem to recall that the U.S. Naval

Construction Forces had adopted and were using the ICC

codes..........Do you have any info ?

: - :