• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Readings in Code Administration, an audio of history stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn

I like to encourage and inspire the building and fire code industry to have interest in our history. I have a series of books from the 70's that capture real and raw stories of average working building and fire officials across the county from as far back as the 1930's. I think they are incredible and I have wanted to find a way to share the stories.

I'm researching podcast platforms and software for this "audio book" type of product. For now, I am just testing the concept using my YouTube account. Other than my short intro, the video is just still frames of the pages.

If I move forward with this, I plan for them to accessible at BuildingCodeCollege,com, as they will be free to access, but need to provide marketing value in return.

Would it be interesting if I provided commentary on the subjects, similar to the Boston code I share at the end?

Would it be interesting to have other professionals as guests provide their commentary and added information to the stories in the book?

I've got ideas of where this could go, but first I have to see how it starts. All feedback is welcome. I'm outside of my expertise in this type of media.

Please do not comment on this thread. I would like to share these in sequence. Thanks.

VOLUME ONE
PART ONE
STORY TWO

A voice from 1958 about inspectors and how their personality and discretion matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.