• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Reroofing

Good contractors have a good guarantee, not only for paint, but it’s an exaggeration. When I turned to metal roofing in Toronto during a conversation they explained to me that the guarantee depends on the parameters of my roof, under what conditions there is a house, and received an answer that completely satisfied me, I can’t say how much, but this is more than others suggested.

Follow the metal roofing system manufactures instalation instructions.
Some will allow it some, based on condition of shingles below some manufacturers do not recommend it, smooth substrate. it is also harder to deal with roof penitrations and attic ventilation.

Fire departments have told me they hate metal roofing system because if the fire is burning below the metal roofing systems act like a frying pan, heating up, but preventing the water from getting to the fire. They are also very slippery even when not wet.