• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Sanitary Tees on their Back

But let's think about this exact photo for moment:

- Low discharge, will it actually siphon what appears to be drum traps?
- No solids, will the liquid flow be terribly slowed by the lack of wyes?
- There's a clean out, presumably, on the end. But not much room to access it. What solids would there be to clean out?

I think it's worth talking about why... Sometimes we get so caught up in the rules we forget to talk about their purpose. My guess is these facilities do the job they are expected to do. That is, of course, just a guess.

But let's think about this exact photo for moment:

- Low discharge, will it actually siphon what appears to be drum traps?
- No solids, will the liquid flow be terribly slowed by the lack of wyes?
- There's a clean out, presumably, on the end. But not much room to access it. What solids would there be to clean out?

I think it's worth talking about why... Sometimes we get so caught up in the rules we forget to talk about their purpose. My guess is these facilities do the job they are expected to do. That is, of course, just a guess.
The Irish probably allow this for this purpose. Something we don’t but should due to its functional design.

@ ~ @

Forget the san. tees and low discharge, ...what about some

privacy ?...........Maybe they do not think too much about it.

In the photo, it sure seems like the users would be too close

to each other when relieving themselves..,......Also, [ possibly ]
tripping over the one horizontal pipe & breaking it.

IMO, ...an all-around bad install.

& = & = ( )

@ ~ @

& = & = ( )
Never been to Wrigley Field huh? Now that's close and lacking privacy!

@ ~ @

& = & = ( )
Lol Johnny Foxes men’s room south of Dublin is a long, narrow room with an 8’ long porcelain trough as a urinal. There are still a lot of places in the US still like that.

When the code allows it should be an option. I don’t agree with some codes but I still enforce them as written. It’s not what I like or want, it’s what’s required by the written words
There ya go .... that's the old stick in the mud that we all know and love.

I think thier code requires that they center the urianls up perfectly with the tile, who cares about venting, shut off valves or privacy!

Old world charm!