• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Sawhorse. Automatically renews.

Jeff,
I no longer have Sawhorse privileges. I'm guessing my account expiration date change occurred with Paypal when platform change. Could you please confirm based on the payments when my account should not expire.

1/10/2012 - $110.00
12/10/2013 - $35.00
1/22/2015 - $35.00
1/22/2016 - $35.00
10/24/2016 - $35.00
1/23/2017 - $35.00

Jeff,
I no longer have Sawhorse privileges. I'm guessing my account expiration date change occurred with Paypal when platform change. Could you please confirm based on the payments when my account should not expire.

1/10/2012 - $110.00
12/10/2013 - $35.00
1/22/2015 - $35.00
1/22/2016 - $35.00
10/24/2016 - $35.00
1/23/2017 - $35.00

Did you check your status here::;

If you click on the picture top right of the page

Go down to account upgrades

It will show either you have expired or expectation date.

Ran into the same problem - It is relatively cheap and I just renewed my membership - could no pin point the date of the last renewal payment. However, I did not recieve any notification that it was expired or going to expire.

You do not get notification

They just cut the cable.

Need to check your profile maybe every six months to see when it does expire

Folks, as posted a few times, there is a problem with the old system since we move to the new system 2-1/2 years ago. Many of you still have the Paypal auto-renewal under the ol system and you need to change it to the new system after you are expired.

If you paid $35 or $40 for the year (the current rate is $40) then that expires after 1 year from the date you paid. If you paid $60 or $75 then that is good for 2 years. FYI $75 is has been the new 2 year rate but many of you are on auto pay with Paypal.

Here is the crux of the problem. The old system had a different code that was sent from Paypal to the site and with a new site and an old code, you guessed it, the money gets deposited but never gets credited automatically because the old code does not exist on the new site for the past 2-1/2 years.

I posted about this a few times telling everyone to pay attention to their expiration date and renew under the new system. Paypal does not care but our site does and I want you to have auto-renewal under the new system so I don't have to cross reference people manually. This is especially a pain in the ass when people use a different Paypal email address than the email used on this site. Then I have absolutely no way of knowing.

The bottom line is that if you don't think you were credited, send me a PM and give me the last payment date, amount and EMAIL it was send under. This will help a lot.

I truly appreciate everyone that contributes to this forum and wish there was a better transition from the old system. I have been posting about this for 2-1/2 years and apparently not everyone sees them.

PLEASE, just renew under the new system and stop your Paypal auto-renew if it is for $35 or $60 because that is the OLD system.

This is the best explanation I can offer. BTW, I even tried getting Paypal to change the renewals to the new IPN (instant payment notification) code but they won't because it is your money and they are protecting you.

Jeff

Jeff,

1/10/2012 - $110.00
12/10/2013 - $35.00
1/22/2015 - $35.00
1/22/2016 - $35.00
10/24/2016 - $35.00
1/23/2017 - $35.00

Your last payment was October 24th 2017 for $35 which means it was under the old system. That means you just expired so it is best to please start fresh under the new system.

Your last payment was October 24th 2017 for $35 which means it was under the old system. That means you just expired so it is best to please start fresh under the new system.
Thank you for the clarification that the membership begins with the last payment. And as I understand membership is not extended with multiple payments (four in two years). My fault for signing up with Paypal and then having to deal with this issue.

Thank you for the clarification that the membership begins with the last payment. And as I understand membership is not extended with multiple payments (four in two years). My fault for signing up with Paypal and then having to deal with this issue.
Yeah, I see that for some reason you had a payment in October of 2016 that did not line up with all of your other January payments. I'll be happy to manually add another year for you.

Jeff, Did this ever get answered?

Doesn't seem like there is another way besides signing up with paypal...Doesn't give me the option of checking out without signing up.....Did I send you a check last time?

Other than snail mail, Venmo, Zell or through Chase Bank, I have no other option outside of the Automatic Paypal method. I have answered this multiple times and sent out 4 mass emails over the past 3 years concerning this. I am not a fan of PayPal but it works and is the only system that integrates with our software or any forum software for that matter. If anyone chooses snail mail, Venmo, Zell or Chase Bank, i would be happy to help you and will manually input you into the system. If I could get away from PayPal I would because we lose 3% right off the top.