• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Seperation of gas from other utilities

DMartin

Good Day,
As far as I knew there had to be a separation of gas from other underground utilities of 12" if perpendicular and 3' if parallel. I was looking for it to cite the code section but I can not find it. Has this been removed or does anyone have a code section cite?
Thank you for your time.

Thanks maybe it was just through hearing it from others that I thought this was the case. I will look into local utilities regulations but even then out of my hands now.

Most utility companies do have seperation charts, may not be in code but check with the utility companies
image213.jpg

Good Day,
As far as I knew there had to be a separation of gas from other underground utilities of 12" if perpendicular and 3' if parallel. I was looking for it to cite the code section but I can not find it. Has this been removed or does anyone have a code section cite?
Thank you for your time.

Is this on public or private property?

Most utility companies do have seperation charts, may not be in code but check with the utility companies
image213.jpg
Thank you I was able to get confirmation from the gas company that my initial thought was correct except they want a 5 foot separation form electric.