• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

SFD from application to occupany

Glenn

I'm teaching a brand new course of mine for ICC next month. It will be a live class in Denver but will also be available anywhere as a virtual class. This class was originally designed for permit techs and other administrative support staff of both building departments and home builders. The idea is to give them a visual storytelling of what goes into building a home, the stuff that occurs between processing the application and the CO. However, I got compliments from some seasoned inspectors about how much they enjoyed the class when I taught it in March at the Colorado Chapter Institute. This class is not yet available on demand at BuildingCodeCollege, so check it out through ICC. Thanks. It can be found at the link below.

DESCRIPTION: Construction of single-family, detached homes is quite a process. From planning to application to execution to inspection, there are many steps along the way. Like a dance, a beautiful performance comes from smooth steps timed by everyone in the group. Mutual understanding and respect for each professional involved and a good grasp of the choreography helps ensure no one trips up. Learn the steps of building a new home in this brand new class. No formal wear required!

https://learn.iccsafe.org/ihtml/application/student/interface.icc/index.htm

Where and when in Denver? I might be able to send some counter staff.

Where and when in Denver? I might be able to send some counter staff.
It looks like the link I posted doesn't work so well. I can't seem to get a direct link to the course. It can be found pretty easily at the learning center on ICCsafe.org. Here are the details I copied. Funny...they don't list a start time? I guess I better figure that out! ha, ha!
  • Oct 17, 2018 - Oct 17, 2018 VTR (Virtual Training Room), Online Only - Internet Access Required -, WEB BASED -
  • Oct 17, 2018 - Oct 17, 2018 MicroTek - Denver, CO, 999 18th St. Suite 300 South Tower Denver, Colorado 80202