• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Sharkbite on low temperature hydronic baseboard heaters

atvjoel

Hello all and thanks for taking the time to read/reply on this topic.

I have read about failures of off brand push connect fittings failing when used on copper/hydronic baseboard, but that was also in higher heat systems. My system I am currently building is low 120 degrees and the heat is generated by water heater and not a boiler.

The only nail biter here is that the copper on these baseboards appear to be thinner then standard copper pipe, is this a problem for a potential leak?

Most seasoned plumbers will will probably frown upon this idea but I dont think you can use those crimp copper connectors on this thinner copper, perhaps I am wrong. Also Id rather not spend a ton of time sweating copper fittings ultimately going on 3/4" pex, especially since I decided to sell this place and move out of state and there are virtually no plumbers available right now because we are coming into winter.

Thank you