1. Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by clicking here: Upgrades
    Dismiss Notice

Should Fuel Gas Codes be under Plumbing or Mechanical

Discussion in 'Fuel Gas Codes' started by jar546, Feb 2, 2020.

1. klarenbeek

klarenbeek Silver Member

I vote for leave it stand alone...Here its primarily plumbers that run the gas line but almost everything else in the fuel gas code is done by mechanical contractors....forced air furnaces and any other HVAC gas fired appliances and their venting, combustion air ducts, etc. remember that gas furnaces are covered by the Fuel gas code, not the mechanical code.

my250r11 and jar546 like this.
  2. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

And so it is.

3. fatboy

fatboy Administrator

FWIW, I am filling out my ICC application to stay on the IFGC Committee for the 4th time, the 2021 code adoption cycle.

jar546 likes this.
  4. jar546

jar546 *****istrator

Fatboy the rulemaker. Sounds like a new TV series on Hulu.

5. fatboy

fatboy Administrator

NOT the rule maker........the rule voter. I stay on there because there are like so many positions on that Committee that are HBA, AGA.........just a few that are actually regulators.

my250r11 and jar546 like this.