• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

since there's not other place to post my frustration

Re: since there's not other place to post my frustration

I think Northstar pegged it.

A big part of status quo has an interest in All War All the Time.

I think Obama is being led down the garden path by his generals, who can always find somebody to fight.

Afghanistan will not end soon, will not end amicably, will not end with anyone victorious, may not ever end.

The real danger zone, my friends, is Pakistan, where nukes will soon be in the hands of extremists after the last of the Western powers' puppet regimes collapses.

Asking the generals what they need is like my wife asking the guy at the honey bake ham store how much ham she should buy. She brought home about four times what was needed.

Said it before and will say it again. Rules of engagement? What a crock of stuff. Bomb the cities. Make war on the civilian population. Burn every bridge, grain mill, kill all livestock, blow-up every well, steal everything and "make them so sick of war". Parapharsed from General Phil Sheridan still known in the south as "that barn burning SOB".

For those Patriots in the south I have a Confederate flag tatooed on my right arm. Just so you know where I'm coming from.

JP: Sheridan and Sherman both employed some brutal tactics during those campaigns! Just think we were killing each other! Something to reflect on. Don't know myself if we have reached that point. I know first hand that in a bar fight, it is he that gets there first, with the most, wins. However, we are supposed to be civilized with rules! Hard choices!

We read daily of fallen soldiers in all the papers across the country. Today Pa, tomorrow NJ or NY or CA we need to hold them up and remember them. The politicians and generals will always lead us some place, I figure. History will decipher if it was right or wrong. America faces many problems and there are many a faction that would like nothing better then march through us like Sheridan or Sherman. This is where we need to stand fast today and give thanks to those in harms way that protect us. God Bless and protect our troops! Keep their families safe with a light left on for their safe return.

Rjj: Not so fast my friend........ It's not always the one who lands the first one who wins. Back in my college days I was in a bar and talking to a nice girl ;) Well a guy came in later a landed a sucker punch on me. I got up, did a little investigative work and found him across the bridge in another state and finished what he started. I landed in a cell for the rest of the weekend since i threw the first one in that state........DOH........ did I win? I guess so since I got out on Monday and once the Judge verified my story, he paid all costs and had to eat through a straw for months. I'm much calmer now though :)

mtlogcabin said:
I recommend this film. I found it at Block Busters this summer. The respect that is given to those that have fallen on their final journey home is emotional to say the least. It reminded me to thank those serving past and present whenever I have the opportunity.http://www.hbo.com/films/takingchance/s ... index.html
I agree MLC, extremely moving picture, particullarly when you have loved ones deployed. WOW, have a box of kleenex close at hand. The respect shown was incredible.

(note to self - do NOT mess with FMWB!)

FM: The last part of that statement was the most. Now if he had kick your teeth down your throat, bit of one of your ears, broke your knee cap you would not have to travel to another state and end up in a cell! Getting there first is only part of the equation! Now did she have nice shoes? :lol:

Rjj:

Yep, can’t just take matters in my own hands like those days anymore, I’m a professional :mrgreen:

Getting back on topic and sorry guys..........MT that is moving film that I’m not ashamed to admit tore me up just as the Pat Tillman story did.

Fatboy: Your son and all serving are in my prayer list each and every morning and evening.

"Taking Chance" is a great movie that will make you choke up. It is something everyone should watch that cares. That fact that it had two main characters, one you only see in pictures, and little dialog it was very moving.

Well December 7 TH.

My Dad was on the USS San Francisco when Pearl Harbor happened. He got bumped around a little.

Pearl Harbor Attack

On 7 December 1941, San Francisco was in Pearl Harbor and was awaiting docking and the cleaning of her heavily fouled bottom. Her engineering plant was largely broken down for overhaul. Ammunition for her 5 in (130 mm) and 8 in (200 mm) guns had been placed in storage. Her 3 in (76 mm) guns had been removed to permit installation of four 1.1 in (28 mm) quadruple mounts. The 1.1 in (28 mm) mounts had not been installed. Her .50 in (12.7 mm) machine guns were being overhauled. Only small arms and two .30 in (7.6 mm) machine guns were available. Moreover, a number of San Francisco's officers and men were absent.

At 0755, Japanese planes began bombing dives on Ford Island, and by 0800, the surprise attack on Pearl Harbor was well underway. The men in San Francisco secured the ship for watertightness and began looking for opportunities to fight back. Some crossed to New Orleans to help man antiaircraft batteries on that ship. Others began using available rifles and machine guns. Ammunition for .50 in (12.7 mm) machine guns was transferred to Tracy for use.

San Francisco was not bombed or damaged during the Japanese air raid. After the attack was over, work resumed to make San Francisco seaworthy and combat-ready.