• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

So you wanted to be a Building Official? Longevity?

Not a big fan of light beers, but I would come running for an ice cold banquet...and that is even after seeing the river as it runs into the plant at Golden.

It would be good to note that Oregon has more good breweries than Germany. Most of those quality breweries are in Portland. McMinimans is especially reccomended by me. I am told they also have good wine, from their own grapes and they are now offering products from their distillery. And the food is great!

Other good brews are produced by Portland brewing, and Widmer Bros. Full Sail and Dark Horse are worth a side trip to Hood River, about 60 miles away.

peach said:
It's hard to be a building official for a long time; too many politics if you are doing your job right.Helpful hint - don't ever tell the city manager he lacks the authority to over rule you and don't ever tell the Council that they don't have the authority to over rule a decision by the Board of Appeals.

Trust me, here, you will be miserable.

3 years is a good run.
HMMMM it's been 3 years +6 days for me at my current position.

BS

fireguy said:
It would be good to note that Oregon has more good breweries than Germany. Most of those quality breweries are in Portland. McMinimans is especially reccomended by me. I am told they also have good wine, from their own grapes and they are now offering products from their distillery. And the food is great!Other good brews are produced by Portland brewing, and Widmer Bros. Full Sail and Dark Horse are worth a side trip to Hood River, about 60 miles away.
I lived in Portland most of my life until 5 years ago. They are the MicroBrew capital of the world. McMinimans has 35 or 40 brew pubs all over portland and metro area. If anyone wants their wines, you can go to Edgefield winery, about 18 miles East of downtown.

One secret that doesn't get out much, Starting in November, for 2 months only, they brew a limited run of Kris Kringle Ale. Hands down the best beer ever. If you happen to be in Portland around the Holidays, give it a shot.

But I will hold up a Coors Light to Find JP.