• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Stairs to storage room in horse Tack storage building

northstar,

Yep, it looks like we have to agree to disagree on this one. It was a lively debate though and very thought provoking. I do trust the opinions of ICC officials that have way more experience than I do, and this is probably the first out of the last 20 or so code interpretations that I have disagreed with them on. Well, my BO has gone with the code interp from ICC and we asked the builder to either remove the stair or make it compliant by removing the beam. You win some and you lose some. :) It is good to be part of this forum and I look forward to future lively debates!

~ ~ X ~ ~

Jon Victor,

It sounds as though you enjoyed the discussion about your particular

application........If so, ...might I also interest you in becoming a regular,

paid subscription member [ i.e. - a Sawhorse ] on this Forum ?

It would be $60.00 for a 2 year subscription, with benefits.

The benefits are listed somewhere on here... D`OH !

Anyhoo, ...we encourage active particpation on this Forum........The

codes have a lot of answers and questions as well.......We DO

have some lively discussions, but very informative & insightful.

Like most things that are worthwhile, ...there is a financial cost

involved............Since you have been a long time lurker, ...I am

certain that you know that the costs to operate & maintain this

resource is not cheap.

Thanks for your consideration in becoming a Sawhorse ! :cool:

~ ~ X ~ ~