• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Story Time III

ICE

Oh Well
I remember like it was yesterday. A beautiful woman came to the counter. I mean this woman was a real Betty. She was wearing a tasteful skirt and there wasn't a wrinkle or a hair out of place.

She was all business as she explained that she has made an offer on a house and needed advice. A home inspector had noted that there is no fire wall between the house and the attached garage. She wanted to know what that was and an estimate on what it would cost. So I explained it to her and provided a guestimit of $200 to $1000 depending on who did it and what might be involved.

She listened intently and when I stopped she said: " Well I am going to tell Mr. Jacobs that he'll drop the price a $1000 or he can kiss my ***." I replied "I don't think that's going to work." She replied "What do you me.....and her voice trailed off in the middle of the word mean. She smiled and said thanks. I said "The pleasure's all mine"

I worked at a lumberyard out of high school and one day a lady customer came to the counter and said "I need a board about 6" wide!" and she was holding her hands up about 12" apart. My boss was standing behind me at the counter and leaned forward and pushed the ladies hands closer and said: "Honey your husband's been lying to you!"

That will be $6.50 with tax and she said I don't need tacs I want nails!

My boss new her from high school.

pc1

I worked at a lumberyard out of high school and one day a lady customer came to the counter and said "I need a board about 6" wide!" and she was holding her hands up about 12" apart. My boss was standing behind me at the counter and leaned forward and pushed the ladies hands closer and said: "Honey your husband's been lying to you!"
That's a great joke, but I think it's backwards.....she has to hold her hands 6" apart and ask for a 12" board, at least that's what I tell MY wife!!!!