• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

strange truth or urban legend?

jim baird

Silver Member
A realtor was present when I did a "final" on a dwelling whose permit had long expired with no CO and whose new owner was an aspiring "flipper", who wants to finish and unload the property.

The realtor said that in a nearby county another realtor along with a propsective buyer entered a foreclosure home, and during the visit heard something funny. On looking in the attic they are said to have found a bomb ticking.

Believe it or don't? I have not a clue.

Re: strange truth or urban legend?

I agree Gene.

The typical urban legend is framed as "someone I know knows someone this happened to"...

I had to restrain my skepticism in situ but felt obligated to report the incident here.

The bomb was most likely the subprime loan about to reset....

So, where do you go on the internet to check out a story about Snopes????

Snopes.com is a Scam For the past few years www..snopes.com to get what they think to be the bottom line facts...'proceed with caution.' Take what it says at face value and nothing more. Use it only to lead you to their references where you can link to and read the sources for yourself. Plus, you can always google a subject and do the research yourself. It now seems apparent that's all the Mikkelson's do. After all, I can personally vouch from my own experience for their 'not'

fully looking into things

beach,

I think time bombs still tick in pulp fiction. It's an archetype.

Snopes was the archetypical horsetrading family in more than one Faulkner story, not one of whom could be trusted to speak straight.

Had me scared for a moment about Snopes! :shock:

I use them for a test before I forward on emails. :cool: