• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Structural requirements for accessory buildings

Do you sell steel buildings or something? I jest, but why would I pay someone and let them make a profit out of me when I can do the work myself? I WANT to do the work myself. I just like to do things the hard way, I guess. I'd be paying someone about $10,000 more for a building that is no better than anything I can come up with just to save myself the hassle of dealing with an uncooperative bureaucracy. No. Not happening.
So, a DIYr' are you and damed the AHJ's. Is your property zoned Ag? that might be your out, Did you indicate your intended use?