• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Taking today off Happy Thanksgiving

jar546

Forum Coordinator
We have 21 family members & guests coming for dinner tomorrow and the "boss" wants me home to assist. I am thinking I would be better off working today! Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, both registered members and guests who have not signed up yet but view this site.

765e_turkey1.jpg

Re: Taking today off Happy Thanksgiving

Enjoy the day! (well, Thanksgiving Day)

I will end up with a 5-day weekend, off tomorrow, not back till Tuesday. Maybe get some crap done around the house.......

We are meeting at my mothers house. We have five generations showing up and this is the first time in about 15 years that all of my mothers kids, grandkids, great grandkids, and great great grandkids will be there! There will be some pictures!!!

Everyone have a safe holiday!

Happy Thanksgiving Jeff.

I've got 14 at my house tomorrow. My wife took the day off to clean up and set up but I get to do all the cooking tomorrow.

I doubt that I will be doing anything on Monday either. The 1st Monday after Thanksgiving is the first day of deer season for rifle in PA. Schools don't even open on the first day of deer around here. Most contractors will be in the woods.

In 1863 Abraham Lincoln issued a Thanksgiving Proclamation. He called the people of the United States

"to observe the last Thursday of November as a day of Thanksgiving and praise to our beneficent Father

Who dwelleth in the heavens." And listen to what he said in that Thanksgiving Proclamation of

1863. He spoke to the people of the nation, ...OUR nation!

"We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven; we have been preserved these many

years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth, and power as no other nation has ever

grown. But we have forgotten God! We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in

peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness

of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own.

Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming

and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us."

Also, see Psalm 50, verse 14

Psalm 92, verse 1

Psalm 105, verse 1

Colossians, Ch. 3, verses 15, 17 in the New King James Version

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! :)

I am fortunate that we get to go to a gathering of the clan at my brother in laws house. The down side is that the Boss is at work today and pies have to be baked. Now ... where is that thing that peels the apples again???

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!

Greg

Thanksgiving will be a quiet event here in South Texas - my neighbors are coming over tomorrow for turkey and football. We'll eat a Turkey and drink some Turkey. I smoked a 14 pound bird on my smoker using mesquite wood and afternoon I'll be making jalapeno cornbread dressing.

Stay safe, hug everyone, and enjoy your Triptiphan induced naps.

Friday I will avoid being within a 2 mile radius of any shopping mall. :eek:

Yes, each and all have safe travel and wonderful times with family, friends and even the "outlaws" when applicable. For those like Fatboy with loved ones away, say a special prayer for their health, safety and welfare and give thanks for their service so we can enjoy peace here at home. Root for the Lions (they need it) and hopefully I'll have a Fleetwood Mac/Deer picture to post in the other thread on Firday or Saturday ;)

First - Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I'll be spending mine with friends, didn't have the cash to travel to San Jose for turkey day with family and friends. I'm also taking Monday off as my floating holiday and am planning an assault on the home improvement store. :D Only have to drive 100 miles to get to home depot or diamond, but it's worth the trip.

Sue, living la vida loca on the frontier

Turkey with inlaws then off to deer camp for a week. :p Check in next week to make sure ICC has not sabotaged my new homepage. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

On this Thanksgiving Day I shall thank God for the wonderful friends I have come to know through our bulletin board.

God Bless you one and all,

Uncle Bob

Re: Taking today off Happy Thanksgiving4 day weekend here. Turkey tomorrow and hunt for 3 days. Just got a line on 39 sections to hunt! More or less about 25,000 acres. Have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving everybody. jp

View attachment 30

View attachment 30

/monthly_2010_05/572953b3e6803_November2009154.jpg.02a8e829c53269328b745516c2b4db7a.jpg

JP:

I see you have a little Captain in ya :D

I'm off to over the river (stopping for my traditional Jack & Jiver -JD and River water) and through the woods....... have a safe hunt JP ;)

I just read that turkeys have very acute eyesight up to one hundred yards....but they just can't seem to see that guy with the ax right next to them.