• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The day I made the front page

jar546

Forum Coordinator
What a cluster this was when a do-gooder, insanely stupid legislator put her little fingers where they did not belong when we were trying to enforce a state law and flood plain/plane (I still don't know which one is right) ordinance. Eventually I ended up in the ER getting the paddles to my chest from all of the stress. I remember it like it was yesterday. I am no longer the BCO of that f'n town.

View attachment 1923

View attachment 1923

/monthly_2013_08/572953ec8bce3_ScreenShot2013-08-26at12.33.41AM.jpg.ca97196c89bb16ee10a7dbdea63f2809.jpg

Chalk it up to the current "anti-gubmint" sentiment among neo-conservatives who beat the drums of fear regarding any and all regulation of bidnis activity. It happened in GA as well when the faux-boom went bust, in a number of localities. My experience in GA has been that among officialdom, the lack of basic literacy is a major obstacle to compliance with any regulation imposed by levels of authority higher than the local.

Down here you can tell the "teabilly" types by their trademark goatee and ballcap fashion.

= = =

jim b.,

That' s just plain funny ! :lol:

"teabilly necks" in Georgia, ...who'd a thunk it !

= = =

You can classify me, proudly, under "teabilly". Just more open

minded and hopefully a might more literate.

I'm just glad Jar isn't Robert George Zola.

Brent

Well your not the only one that does not have pull,,,

""""State Fire Marshal Chris Connealy also says five Texas facilities that store more than 10,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate have refused to let his office conduct an on-site inspection since the blast""""

By PAUL J. WEBER Associated Press AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - State officials say some testing that could identify what caused the deadly explosion at a Texas fertilizer plant is not scheduled until 2014.

Assistant State Fire Marshal Kelly Kistner told lawmakers Monday that investigators still haven't ruled out that the blast was a criminal act. But he says chances are not great that they'll ever determine whether the electrical system at West Fertilizer Co. played a role.

The April explosion in West killed 15 people and injured 200 others.

State Fire Marshal Chris Connealy also says five Texas facilities that store more than 10,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate have refused to let his office conduct an on-site inspection since the blast.

Connealy didn't name the companies. He said they "just didn't want the fire marshal to come on the property."

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://m.kltv.com/autojuice?targetUrl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.kltv.com%2fstory%2f23256627%2fmore-tests-to-solve-west-explosion-not-until-2014