• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

The first official what do you look like thread

jar546

Forum Coordinator
After meeting several people in Baltimore and realizing that I probably did not meet as many as I could because I had no idea what anyone looked like, I would like to try a little photo thread. This should help just incase we get an opportunity to meet again.

JP told me what he looked like and I got it wrong as there was someone else there wearing a Stetson who had no idea what I was talking about when I approached them. :oops:

RJJ's profile says that he is 78 years old. I was looking for an older guy and I should not have. You can't be 78. :?

Vegas Paul looks more like a rich playboy. Must be the sun out there. ;)

Anyway, here is a photo from the other day when I was getting a lift off of the roof of a new commercial structure. The camera broke after this picture. Blackberry in my right hand as it is glued there.

JeffOnRoof.jpg

Re: The first official what do you look like thread

:mrgreen: Jeff: That is funny! :lol: Didn't think anyone would really read my profile! I will adjust. Good fined.

Jp fooled ya with no big hat! High Desert looks just like his avatar! :D

FM hasn't changed a bit, but I have know him for a while. Green was much younger then I expected and Fatboy had fooled me for two years on what I had envisioned.

The great thing is to be able to place a face to the screen name. Ones imagination can run away with supposes.

Re: The first official what do you look like threadNot the best picture of me, nor the most recent... Just one of the few small enough to fit the size limits. ;) JDroybysh AYSO Nov2006.jpg[/attachment:13zelqav]OOOPS! I meant 2006...

View attachment 19

View attachment 19

/monthly_2010_04/572953b3b76f7_JDroybyshAYSONov2006.jpg.6fd58e3013721d75f437f38490123254.jpg

Well, that's the last time I open this thread.

Thanks JP.

Hey maybe incognito and brudgers will add their pics to page... :lol:

I guess I don't know how to download a picture. any help?

Too many +_)(60oup5up in there!

On your picture....right click on the picture...select properties........highlight that URL and then right click...select copy.

You can then click on the forum reply tab.....select image (like you did) then you can right click where the blinking cursor is OR I just like to hit Contol V on the keyboard. Here is the way it will end up!

EDIT!!!! Jeff alredy fixed but I will leave the information on how I did it and remove the picture! Don't want anybody thinking that's a picture of me!!!I'm a lot uglier...if you can believe that! :twisted:

I added some periods in front of the http so you could see what it should look like without the picture!

for those of you disgruntled with ICC, please disregard the ICC logo on my jacket in my picture. I got it free for teaching a class for our local chapter and it is a Carhartt so I couldn't pass it up.

rjj, I only look like my avatar when I put my sailor hat on and smoke my pipe :D

Whew! I'm sure glad you used some discretion and only showed it from the waist up.

Conarb is hairier than his dog.

You know, owners and their pets tend to look a alike after a few years! :eek:

Jeff said I look like a rich playboy??? Sorry, I'm not either!! Work for the city, so you know I'm not rich... But hey, as you can see, any guy who drives a chick-magnet like a Studebaker COULD be mistaken for a playboy!

DSC01589-1.jpg

Paul:

Do you really own that blue 1951 Studebaker? That's exactly the car, in that color, that I owned in 1956 when I got married, I'll have to ask the wife if it was the car that she wanted rather than me, maybe a 51 Studebaker is a chick magnet.

I've never disputed the fact that I am a Neanderthal, the more I think about it that picture was taken about 14 years ago, I was 60 and was into power-lifting, had just broken the 60-62 year old 185lb state record in the deadlift at 550 lbs. A guy had to be tough in those days to take on building inspectors.

Conarb - yep, that 51 Stud is mine (the license plate refers to the car, not me!). It's a Business Coupe (no back seat, small cab) and it's been an ongoing project of mine for years. Not a daily driver, but I get it out and about a few times a week unless I have it torn apart for something.

It's definately a chick magnet - my wife almost tolerates riding in it once in a while! At least my wife knows I'm safe from predatory women when I'm out in it alone... She says the only women who remember those cars are too old to do me any harm.

Here I am partaking in my two favorite hobbies, reading and gardening.

DSCN0325.jpg