• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Thermo-Brace Structural Sheathing

Jboren

Question,
Has anyone allowed Thermo-Brace Structural Sheathing as an alternative to wood sheathing for one-two family construction? Any insight would be appreciated; No ICC-Esr report and APA indicates that their third party testing agency has failed the product.

Only report I could locate is Dr J Certification, Technical Evaluation Report TER 1507-07.
Thank you,
Jason

Way back in the day, 1998-2000, when I was field inspecting, there was a thermo-ply product that was listed as a BWP.

Ask the builder for the listing.

Otherwise reject, till they come up with a legit listing.

Never heard of Dr. J

I understand and trust me I have been going back and forth, but Dr J does have an certificate of accreditation from the ANSI National Accreditation Board that fulfills the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065.

Way back in the day, 1998-2000, when I was field inspecting, there was a thermo-ply product that was listed as a BWP.

Never heard of Dr. J

Never heard of Dr. J

I saw that when you attached it earlier. I was referring to their actual report on the Thermo-Brace.

At the southern end of the New Madrid fault here, and have the same issue. Builder asking for alternate approval says it’s used all over Missouri where the epicenter is located. Have problem with thickness not meeting minimum of 3/8” from table R602.10.4 .