• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

They called for rough elec. inspection

ICE

Oh Well
They have been living with this for 6 years.

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

pyrguy said:
And your issues with the electrical are? :devil:devil:D
From what I saw of it while I was there, the el. work may not have been too bad. I Looked it over for this can kill you type flaws but I didn't move anything blocking the view. I had never been there before and with a bit of luck, I will never see it again. The entire house was like this.

Was this an electricians house? The wiring looks neat, excellent use of nailing plates, and I really like the conduit curtain rod -

RJJ said:
what is the black pipe in the rear wall? Is it not over bored?
That is a plumbing vent. Over-bored there and at service entrance conduit. Now that I look at it again I am wondering why there is a plate line located there. It's starting to look like a hinged wall to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coug Dad said:
Rustic. I like it. Conarb will like it becuase there will be no water or mold issues without insulation.
I would agree, but all kidding aside, I don't see an huge issues. What is the issue?

Did it pass? Other than the bank what will require the inside of the house to be finished?. Sure the romex needs protection but that is in limited areas

Obviously you have never lived in a house while remodeling it. These projects can sometimes take a long time due to other demands or lack of money and you need someplace to live.

I agree with Yankee. Other than energy code, what's the violation? I'm old enough to remember lower income relatives who lived in homes that were pretty rough, especially when compared to today's houses. In their own way, those HOMES were a lot nicer than many of today's HOUSES.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coug Dad said:
I agree with Yankee. Other than energy code, what's the violation? I'm old enough to remember lower income relatives who lived in homes that were pretty rough, especially when compared to today's houses. In their own way, those homes were a lot nicer than many of today's houses.
Energy code, not enough info toknow if there is any violation there.