• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

They didn't even try to hide it!

It's typical work from the Home Depot Corner Crew. I love it when a homeowner says "Well I asked them if they were carpenters". I told one H/O to drive up to the corner, stick your head out the window and say Dentista and I guarantee at least one of them will step forward.

IMG_0104.jpg

Re: They didn't even try to hide it!

tigerloose,

Can you circle all the defects like John Maden does with his telestrator and say "BOOM"and "BANG" alot when you do it!

That 2x10 sure is a waste of one of our natural resouces. sad just :( sad

tigerloose - I'd say it must be fun to work in your jurisdiction, but my head starts to hurt when I look at most of the pics you post... :(

As interesting as the floor 'framing' is, I can't seem to look beyond the concrete work :?

The HO needs more than 'a carpenter' for this job. :roll:

The foundation has a small cold joint wouldn't you say!

Don't worry about the honeycombs, planes are made with honeycomb material and it holds up very well!

What are those metal clips attaching the rim joist to the plate? Are those made for that or did they use whatever they had in the truck?

Mule - Those clips are the new anchor/hold down system designed for seismic category - Doh!

Yeah, metal is metal, nails are nails.

Remember the chicken nugget commercials? "Parts is parts!" :lol:

Aren't those structural strap nets or something. :mrgreen:

The last deck that I busted without a permit was built by a licensed contractor. I asked the HO where he found the company. He said, "Home Depot recommended them."

I might be wrong but those clips should be LTP4's not A35's flatten out

Mule: That is American ingenuity at its finest! One clip for universal installation. Sorta a new version of egg crate hold down.

Had a contractor tell me once that the Honeycomb was caused by the air they put in at the plant! :roll: He also said that would not qualify as a cold joint, because the temperature was well in to the 90's on that day and you only get cold joints in the winter. That contractor also said, "He stands behind his work". That I had to agree with, cause I would not stand under it or on top! :D