• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Things I miss doing

jar546

Forum Coordinator
We all get caught up in work and the dilemmas that we face. Every now and then I think of something that I really miss doing. In this case, I will never be able to do this sort of stuff again.

Feel free to post something that you miss doing. Try to keep this going.

JeffGAU2B1986.jpg

What does it say on the helmet " JAFO"""????

Looks like fun!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PORTEOUS said:
Call me crazy, but I really miss framing.
I don't think that's crazy. If anybody deserves to say they built something it's the framer. Framing well is quite an art and it's not easily mastered.

Bill

I guess I still don't know how to post a picture. But anyway, I'm the one about 18,000 feet down below the clouds watching these guys climb.

I miss the motocross racing in the early 80's when I was young. Still watch on Speed Channel to relive my youth. Too old and too cheap to do it any more, and the bones do not mend as quick at 48 yrs old.

PORTEOUS said:
Call me crazy, but I really miss framing.
me too! i miss the comraderie of creating structures with the crews. being an inspector can seem non- creative, hostile, combatitive, and solitare at times after building for 25 years .downing a few adult beverages and cutting firewood with the homies on the weekend is about as good as it gets now!

Inspector 102 said:
I miss the motocross racing in the early 80's when I was young. Still watch on Speed Channel to relive my youth. Too old and too cheap to do it any more, and the bones do not mend as quick at 48 yrs old.
You Don't Quit Riding Because you get Old…. You Get Old Because You Quit Riding