• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Third party inspections

e hilton

Bronze Member
Curious about how common it is to require third party inspections. I have a minor interior reno of a bank branch coming up in PG county MD (east of DC) and we have been waitingva long time for the permit. Finally got word it has been approved, but it won’t be issued until we submit documents for third party inspection process. Apparently it’s a fairly new change for the county, I’m sure it’s being done to reduce their budget.

The threshold (that applies to me) is a project cost more than $200k. The document they sent is 73 pages long.