• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Tiles painting question

Hugostan12

Dear forum members,

I hope you are all doing well. I wanted to share an exciting project that I have in mind for my bathroom and seek your valuable advice. I have decided to breathe new life into my bathroom by painting the tiles.

Currently, my bathroom has rather dull white tiles, and I would like to add more personality to this space. I have already come across a tile-specific paint online, but I am wondering if it will deliver the desired results. Before diving in, I prefer to gather your insights and experiences to ensure I make the right choice.

I am searching for a paint that provides optimal adhesion and a long-lasting finish. I have conducted thorough research online and have identified several paint brands and types that might be suitable for my project. However, I am still open to your recommendations based on your own experiences.

If any of you have undertaken a similar renovation in your bathroom, I would love to hear about the paint brands you have used and the results you achieved. Additionally, I am curious to know if you applied a varnish as a finishing touch to enhance the durability and aesthetics of the tiles.

I am eager to start this project and hope to share the final results with you. Your advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think you will get the results you are looking for here, this is a code forum, not a remodeling forum. Your only other post has a link back to the same paint supplier, so I am inclined to think you are spamming this forum.

Please use this forum for building code questions/posts only.