• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Two-story metal building interior wood

How convenient.
Really not much space in there, we were trying to do an open concept on the bottom with as much space as possible, so with the trusses the actual ceiling height would be under slightly under 10 feet high.

This space is not for customers, or people really, just for storage. Very few people would ever be in that space. Is there a problem with maximizing the space on the bottom e hilton?

This space is not for customers, or people really, just for storage. Very few people would ever be in that space. Is there a problem with maximizing the space on the bottom e hilton?
If few people will ever be in that space why are you adding a toilet up there?

do employees have access to a toilet on the first floor a well, I didn't see one on the plans you posted? Or are you providing the only toilet on an non handicap accessible floor?

No problem maximizing the space, i was commenting that if the floor to floor distance was one inch more it would require different stairs.

No problem maximizing the space, i was commenting that if the floor to floor distance was one inch more it would require different stairs.
Yes also pushing the riser and tread lengths as well that way... Turns out may need to enclose after all, one corner will be a couple feet passed 75 feet unless I figure something else out.