• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Type NM-B Pulled In Before Building Dried In.

markw said:
. Neither were "cowboys"....
The phrase “slinging rope” which is related to installing NM cable and cowboys go hand and hand in my neck of the woods. Residential electricians are referred to as cowboys. Electricians who work in maintenance shops are referred to as bulb changers. Of course this is the terms used by commercial electricians but I have yet to hear what they are called. Oh by the way inspectors are sometimes called the man with the fuzzy balls.

Electricians sure call themselves cool names.

None of which are they called by anybody else.:butt:cheers

Brent

So here we have a thread 3 pages long and I am wondering if anyone would now allow nm to be installed in a building that has a roof but not totally dried in. I know I would

Reading post #47 and the definitions I would

Installing wiring when the building may be "damp" is not the same as installing wiring in a location that is susceptible to being damp at various times throughout the life of the installation. This is backed up by the definition

Dennis said:
So here we have a thread 3 pages long and I am wondering if anyone would now allow nm to be installed in a building that has a roof but not totally dried in. I know I would
I know I would, and that was my position before I dug up the UL post.

I know that back in the 70 and early 80s I was working track homes and wired many in that scenario with no ill effects.

Dipping the tips of the wires as suggested by the OP would also alleviate the wicking. I would use a hot paraffin dip.