• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Unlisted therapy equipment

SAT

Sawhorse
At final inspection of a pediatric therapy business inspector Site built therapy equipment. Metal extended ladder cut in half hanging from ceiling for therapy, climbing rock wall made from handles and rocks attached to plywood, plywood platform attached to slide the other half of ladder used as access, etc.

We typically do not question basketball equipment in schools but to me those are listed and approved product. Would you cite as a violation and what would you require?

Seen some interesting stuff at pt places.

Not sure if there is a listing for all pt equipment??

Plus what section of the code are you going to use, to say no??

$ ~ $

SAT,

I too could not cite the equipment installed as you describe,
unless it somehow impedes a component of the MOE.
Even then, it would be subjective. :confused:

$ ~ $

cda & steveray thank you for the response. My concern is the equipment (structures) were built on site and IBC section 104.9 cite that Building Official is responsible to approve equipment

[A] 104.9 Approved materials and equipment. Materials, equipment and devices approved by the building official shall be constructed and installed in accordance with such approval.
respectfully, SAT

What I am reading the majority agrees we do not address PT equipment.

Thanks again to all

cda & steveray thank you for the response. My concern is the equipment (structures) were built on site and IBC section 104.9 cite that Building Official is responsible to approve equipment

[A] 104.9 Approved materials and equipment. Materials, equipment and devices approved by the building official shall be constructed and installed in accordance with such approval.
respectfully, SAT

Now like the pt place I go to, I good see guesting the I Beam they attached to the structure or the people holder attached to structure.

Is the structure designed for the loads

Yes we got the structural design addressed as it relates to additional loads on ceiling but not platform that was added later which is part of equipment. I was going to attach a picture how do we attach pictures?

At the bottom right of a reply should have

Upload a file

Button

Since you are a sawhorse

Works great off iPhone pictures

Yes we got the structural design addressed as it relates to additional loads on ceiling but not platform that was added later which is part of equipment. I was going to attach a picture how do we attach pictures?

Same as furniture or equipment??

The "training props" like theater props can follow the IBC metal or wood chapter requirements for construction