• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Upcoming rafter repair

gbhammer said:
I just feel bad because I never can see ICE's pics. If someone could give me the secret as to why, and how to fix the problem, I sure would be thankful
Do you have 'Show Images' checked under 'General Settings' in the 'My Settings' options? Check it out.

gbhammer said:
ICE there simply is no picture, no link to a picture, nothing below the text.
Try this: Go to thread tools at the top of the page, select printable version. See if you get links then. Click on the link - see what happens - should open the image in a new window. My guess is you have a internet filter system blocking access to Photobucket.

For comparison - check to see if you can open the image on this thread: http://www.inspectpa.com/forum/showthread.php?6513-Would-this-concern-you

Darren Emery said:
Try this: Go to thread tools at the top of the page, select printable version. See if you get links then. Click on the link - see what happens - should open the image in a new window. My guess is you have a internet filter system blocking access to Photobucket. For comparison - check to see if you can open the image on this thread: http://www.inspectpa.com/forum/showthread.php?6513-Would-this-concern-you
I can open that link with no problem.

I do have show pictures on, and I have reset my security setting to be very tolerant.

Very aggravating.

I'm at work, but why just Ice's pics everyone else comes threw at least I think the rest do.

gbhammer said:
I'm at work, but why just Ice's pics everyone else comes threw at least I think the rest do.
$50 and I'll unblock you.:eek: Try it at home. Try a smart phone. You better hurry because I'm getting ready to roll out the good ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
gbhammer said:
It depends on how your firewall is set up. Some firewalls block some picture sites, but not others. I'd try it from an outside computer and see if I still have the same problem.

I've told this story before but it seems appropriate to tell it again here!

Framing houses in the 70's.... hired a gopher.. you know go fer this go fer that!!! Anyway we were finishing up framing a house and we just finished laying the decking down on the roof, told the new hire to go up there and nail off the roof and to be sure that he nailed the joints between the the sheathing really good! We were doing some punch out items and I here the new hire rat a tat tat rat a tat tat.. man he was tearing it UP!!! I'm thinking.. MAN!! I hired me a GOOD one this time.

One of my more experienced men came to me and said "Boss... you gotta come see this!" Okaaaay. what is it? Walked inside looked up at the sheathing and there were about a milion staples showing through!! The new hire had done exactly what I had said.. nail the joints really good. Only problem was is that instead of going up and down the rafters.. he was going left and right along the 8' direction of the sheathing...... CRAP!!!!

Mule,

It's your fault anyway....Poor supervision of a "new hire !" :devil

You know how it is on here... we abuse our own!

Yep!! Both of you guys nailed me to the wall.... uhhhhh sheathing! :)

I used to love watching the new guys with their brooms. Never failed first week there they'd have clean up duty, and sure enough they hover all over the guy with the saw. Like a fly on .... You could hardly get them to do anything else they were so worried that the saw dust might pile up.