• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Upgrade of Forum

You said the New Topics button was fixed and/or that we can use the Latest Activity button at the bottom, and that's great, but I still have a question/issue:

Used to, when you brought up the New Activity/New Posts/New Whatever screen, then you clicked on a thread title, you would be directed to the newest unread post in that thread. I liked that.

Now, when I click on a topic on the New Topics screen or the Latest Activity screen, it takes me to the first thread in the topic, and I have to sift through the whole thread to figure out where I was at. I don't like that at all.

So do I need to click on something different, or change a setting, or what? Is it possible achieve the same or similar usability now?

Probably a PHP timeout.
Within 90 seconds and it does not happen all the time. I have left the site open for over an hour and this did not pop up. It did last week a couple of times and i thought it was the same issue Conarb was having so I grabbed a screen shot for Jeff.

You said the New Topics button was fixed and/or that we can use the Latest Activity button at the bottom, and that's great, but I still have a question/issue:Used to, when you brought up the New Activity/New Posts/New Whatever screen, then you clicked on a thread title, you would be directed to the newest unread post in that thread. I liked that.

Now, when I click on a topic on the New Topics screen or the Latest Activity screen, it takes me to the first thread in the topic, and I have to sift through the whole thread to figure out where I was at. I don't like that at all.

So do I need to click on something different, or change a setting, or what? Is it possible achieve the same or similar usability now?
Click "Go To Post" at the bottom of the message

So I've been using that ^^^ today and it kinda' works. I still like the old way better...

Another question: I've got probably 25 emails from the forum the last week or so, all saying there was a failed log-in attempt on my account. I've got enough of them they're starting to be annoying. Know what it could be?

So I've been using that ^^^ today and it kinda' works. I still like the old way better...Another question: I've got probably 25 emails from the forum the last week or so, all saying there was a failed log-in attempt on my account. I've got enough of them they're starting to be annoying. Know what it could be?
Not sure what the failed login attempt could be unless someone is trying to hack in. If you are able to log in then all is well on this end as far as I can tell.

I can see where this update is taking a lot of Jeff's energy. It's a good thing that he is a young guy and has plenty.

I just posted #57. It took quite a few tries. I kept getting a message that said "missing human verification". Brent thinks that I am a vampire....maybe he's onto something. I finally logged off and back on....then it worked first try.

We can no longer see how many people are looking at a particular thread in real time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brent thinks that I am a vampire....maybe he's onto something. I
Brent's old, I mean from the old country, I mean old school. ..something like that!

I'll see if my wife will let me have a check, I'm thinking of enlisting!

We used to be able to change fonts is that still available and if so how do I activate it.:stupid:
I honestly don't know but I will add that to the list

Ok I just looked. It is easy, just click on the A and change font size and color.

I honestly don't know but I will add that to the list

Ok I just looked. It is easy, just click on the A and change font size and color.
Seems like the change over is going good, just the little stuff

Thanks for all your work!!!!!

Yes I agree with you.There are a lot of things we can do such as:

1. Automatic numbering
  2. Just like this
  • ​Bullet points like this
​Indenting like this

so that it looks like a paragraph or whatever you want.Add photos with 2 methods:1) URL from another site like this:

View attachment 2173

Or Upload directly like this:View attachment 2174

Make
a table like this
If you want to
Add a horizontal line like above AND much much more like the video belowAdd videos from Youtube like this:
View attachment 2173

View attachment 2174

/monthly_2016_01/pc58yg4xi.png.5f97046f0a1bad8f4d5b3db9da7e022b.png

/monthly_2016_01/AffluenzaMom.jpg.2493c8f9ba12b7a1d470e234389c0b4b.jpg

Yes I agree with you.There are a lot of things we can do such as:

1. Automatic numbering
  2. Just like this
  • ​Bullet points like this
​Indenting like this

so that it looks like a paragraph or whatever you want.

Add photos with 2 methods:

1) URL from another site like this:

Or Upload directly like this:

Make
a table like this
If you want to

Add a horizontal line like above AND much much more like the video belowAdd videos from Youtube like this:

The video has errors.