• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Water Heater Cut Sheet

rtagmit

My township is asking me for the cut sheets for my water heater installation (replacement). Is there a standard cut sheet format, or are they just referring to the installation instructions that come with the unit? I have tried asking them but they are too busy to get back to me with my stupid question.

IDK what a cut sheet is ..maybe they want the water heater installation and specification sheets?

As far as a punch list see IPC 504.6 for inspection checklist, should be able to goggle it.

It's not a stupid question. It's valid to ask for clarification on what is being requested. The term "cut sheet" typically refers to a 1-4 page document that provides the necessary product information for review. Often this is part of the installation instructions, or accompanies the instructions on a separate sheet. This information should include the make, model number, minimum supply requirements, energy output, etc... If your water heater is electric it would include min/max/ breaker size, if it were gas fueled it would be gas supply requirements. Etc...

Ohhh.. the specification information is called a cut sheet, maybe that's why I get what I want when I ask for the water heater specification and installation paper work.

Some of you call it a "lally column" and the rest of us call them I-beam post!

They should at least answer their communication devise or phone!

Bill, I did goggle it, after I posted.

Here is a link to AO Smith, a well known manufacturer of WH.

These are spec sheets or cut sheets of their heaters:

My township is asking me for the cut sheets for my water heater installation (replacement). Is there a standard cut sheet format, or are they just referring to the installation instructions that come with the unit? I have tried asking them but they are too busy to get back to me with my stupid question.
Very bad wording on their part... if you cut a water heater you will certainly violate the listing...

A cut sheet is from the manufacture. It provides the info on the appliance. It is not the installation instructions, but that may be what they also want to verify some specifics. A few copies are easier than waiting for them to reply to you.
Good Luck!!!

A cut sheet is from the manufacture. It provides the info on the appliance. It is not the installation instructions, but that may be what they also want to verify some specifics. A few copies are easier than waiting for them to reply to you.
Good Luck!!!
Thanks! That is exactly what I did. Buried them in wasted paper. :cool: