• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Water Supply Line

daxton

I need to run water supply line from sink area to stove area for a pot filler faucet over the range.

The issues I have are:

(a) am I able to run the water supply line (PEX) on the floor (under the cabinets behind toe kick) or do I have to cut the floor and run the water supply line through the joists?

(b) the stove sits on an exterior wall so do you have any advice on insulating the PEX pipe?

My .02; I don't believe that your proposed installation is discussed or covered in any PEX installation manuals. One concern may be that the piping is placed in an area that does not typically contain water supply piping and as such, may need additional protection, e.g. sleeved. As for insulation, a closed cell, flexible pipe insulation should suffice. Good luck.

We are removing an existing kitchen and tiles so the subfloor will be exposed. The sink sits on one wall as the stove is on another wall so hypotenuse side. I need to bring a cold water line to the stove side from the sink (for pot filler over the range).
I wanted to know if the Ontario building code Requires me to run the water line through the joists. The ceiling underneath is finished so it's less work to cut the plywood in this case. but do I need to go that far.

What would an inspector tell me to do is my question?

We are removing an existing kitchen and tiles so the subfloor will be exposed. The sink sits on one wall as the stove is on another wall so hypotenuse side. I need to bring a cold water line to the stove side from the sink (for pot filler over the range).
I wanted to know if the Ontario building code Requires me to run the water line through the joists. The ceiling underneath is finished so it's less work to cut the plywood in this case. but do I need to go that far.

What would an inspector tell me to do is my question?

Welcome

Inspector,

Yes,

Seek professional help

Sounds like my home remodel work, anyway is this the only plumbing that will be done????

One story house??

I am thinking as far insulation if it is against the kitchen wall, insulation, than exterior wall, you should have enough heat.

# # = # # = # #

" What would an inspector tell me to do is my question? "
Contact the jurisdiction [ i.e. - the AHJ ] in which this house
is located and ask the inspector to come out and look, and to
please provide you with a Code compliant answer.

# # = # # = # #

This would likely require a permit in Ontario, so if there is an issue with where you are running the piping, this would be addressed as part of their comments.