• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Weather - OM Goodness

mmmarvel

Staff member
So here we are at on 2/2/12, Punxsutawney Phil has seen his shadow so 'he' is predicting six more weeks of winter. Colorado is forecast for 6" - 10" inches of snow in the next 36 hours and down here in Houston we are already fighting mosquitos and turning on our air conditioners. As Yakov Smirnoff used to say, "What a country." BTW, our lows have been 63 to 67 and our highs are 74 to 80, how's your winter going?

That Phil, must not have read the internet, what's his name said we are globaly warming!!!!!!

This winter has been much milder and less snowy than I can remember. Last year this time we had 150" snow, this year about 35".

Not complaining....

low 60's all week...6-12 inches of 100% pure fluffy white stuff predicted for Saturday. Told my son we are gonna be eating ground-hog chili tonite for dinner (I use a ground pork, aka hog, with fennel) to celebrate Ground Hog's Day. He didn't think it was funny. I wonder if I will get an email from his teacher today.

cda said:
That Phil, must not have read the internet, what's his name said we are globaly warming!!!!!!
Whats his name should have consulted with Phil the science is worth less than Phil's experience.

Yup, I'm smack in the middle of it......now it's up to 20" with possible blizzard conditions. Don't think I'll be seeing any sun with this one, like I did last week. Of course, have a funeral that I have to be at tomorrow, about 50 miles of driving, should be interesting. :eek:

• Today: Partly cloudy skies. High 37F. Winds light and variable.
  • Tonight: Generally clear. Low 16F. Winds light and variable.
  • Tomorrow: Abundant sunshine. High 37F. Winds light and variable.
  • Tomorrow night: Clear skies. Low 17F. Winds light and variable.
  • Saturday: Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the mid teens.
  • Sunday: Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 30s and lows in the low 20s.
  • Monday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 30s and lows in the upper teens.
January was pretty mild. Had a couple of days in the low 50's. Have had more rain than snow., couple of inches on the ground right.

fatboy said:
Yup, I'm smack in the middle of it......now it's up to 20" with possible blizzard conditions. Don't think I'll be seeing any sun with this one, like I did last week. Of course, have a funeral that I have to be at tomorrow, about 50 miles of driving, should be interesting. :eek:
You guys drive in the snow????? If we get one inch of snow we shut down for a week!

we had a 2 foot snow fall last april in vermont, don't reckon i'll experience that this year in texas. i would however, like to shoot a couple of woodchucks, i do like woodchuck stew!

"You guys drive in the snow????? If we get one inch of snow we shut down for a week!"

Yeah, I've was in OK City once when they got 2", it was total chaos, most folks didn't have a clue what to do. My son is stationed up in Tacoma at Ft Lewis, the got like 6" a couple weeks ago, the entire region was immobilized. His power was out for almost a week.

Mule said:
You guys drive in the snow????? If we get one inch of snow we shut down for a week!
You betcha! Now that I don't have to drive 150 miles (one way) over 4 mountain passes for my week long cancer treatments, I try to limit trips and stay home when it snows.

From NOAA:

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 45. East wind around 7 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 11. East wind around 6 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 48. Southeast wind around 6 mph.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 12. East southeast wind around 7 mph.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 48. East southeast wind around 8 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.

Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.

Tuesday: A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.

We got a dusting of snow (skiff) night before last. There is a little snow on the mountains but, we are already behind and CA is telling the ag business to expect 60% of water delivery this year. I'm afraid it will turn into another bad fire year.

It is funny, right now the sun is out, maybe mid-40's out, and we are headed into a blizzard.........gotta love it!

We get ice. Now that's bad stuff to drive in! I love it when the 4 wheel guys think that just because they have 4 wheel drive that they won't slip and slid on the ice! After passing me at a higher than should be speed I usually see them a little farther down the road in a ditch.

Does Phil predict an extended winter for the entire country or just us Pennsylvanians?

They've poured concrete for my latest project and they plan to pour the rest of it on Monday.