• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

WebEx

KingHugh

Good Afternoon....first post on this forum. I did a web search for something and came across this forum in the results...awesome resource that I didn't know existed.

Anyhow...I did a 3 hour CEU class via Webex this morning and was wondering how many people are like me and hoping and praying that we never need to go back to in-person classes ever again? :) I'm loving it...

Good Afternoon....first post on this forum. I did a web search for something and came across this forum in the results...awesome resource that I didn't know existed.

Anyhow...I did a 3 hour CEU class via Webex this morning and was wondering how many people are like me and hoping and praying that we never need to go back to in-person classes ever again? :) I'm loving it...

welcome

Do you work for a city, college, business, or private company???

Sorry love in person classes,, You meet all the people that have more code knowledge than you, get there emails, when you have problems.

Plus, nice to get away from driving the desk every day.

I absolutely hope to never go back to the office. I am happier and more productive in my home office, I have better equipment and an executive bathroom! I could stomach an occasional class or even a minor part-time (very part-time) office presence. I am hoping that for those of us with the desire, ability and work ethic to stay remote, the opportunity to do so will continue. I have probably tripled my continuing education because of the availability of classes, as well as the equipment and privacy to work and learn at the same time. As a plans examiner, remote work seems to have been designed for me.

So count me as a yes vote.

BTW, this is a great resource. Consider a supporting role if you find it useful.

I would like to see a mixture of both when the world settles back into a routine.

We now know that WAY more people can work as efficiently, if not more efficiently at home. But, I do miss my office. My crew, SOME of my in-person meetings, and SOME of my in-person training. cda is correct, something about in-person training with the networking that happens, that you just can't do virtually. But yes, a lot of it can stay virtual, it will be interesting to see it all play out.

Welcome to the kingdom King Hugh, your royal highness! ;)

The issue is controlling the interruptions at work.
If I was a division head in private industry would someone off the street be allowed to come to my office and ask to see me without an appointment?

The issue is controlling the interruptions at work.
If I was a division head in private industry would someone off the street be allowed to come to my office and ask to see me without an appointment?

So true, drives me batcrap crazy, someone walks in and says I want to see the CBO. You have no idea for what, you might be right in the middle of something, whatever.

I usually make them cool their heels for 10-15 minutes, or however long it takes me to wrap up what I am doing.

I do have staff advise them that there will be a wait, as they did not have an appointment. :rolleyes: