• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Welcome to the Official Bluebeam forum of TBCF

I pay $365 per year, per seat plus $99 per year per seat for support. For 2 seats I spend just under $900 per year. I use a dual monitor with two 32" screens which helps a lot.

$349.00 for the initial license and $99.00 for the annual license. We have 16 licenses with the city so we got a discount on the initial license fee. The annual maintenance is optional. However it includes all updates when they happen

Do you know what Bluebeam does?

Easier markups, overlays to see what has changed on the drawing, ability to see who has changed what, ability to lock a drawing down, not allowing further changes?

That is just as few of the top of my head. Why wouldn't a department use it, if it is available?

Think REVIT on steroids.

Old Dog having to accept that "now, as in Bluebeam" is here.

Using 2019 Revu, not as initially intuitive but I'm coming around to it.
In many ways it is faster then paper . More tools then you can imagine.
Infinitely flexible but you will need high speed internet connection if operating at home.

If teleworking type of browser you use must be compatible with office.
Be sure to set computer refresh time to never or at least longer than 1 hour.

I use an extended screen off of my laptop. It is a 49" hi-def. Took a bit of configuring but it works well....when it works. I remote into my desktop at the office, and when the server traffic is heavy (ENDLESS amounts of people using webex to hear themselves talk really seems to eat the server) the extended screen suffers since it is only my laptop driving it. When that happens I just use it in single screen and it is faster. I have about the largest laptop display known so its not too bad. At some point I will get a better machine to drive it but for now this works. I will probably stay remote (fully or partially) even after the restrictions are eased, so I will see how the servers act with less traffic once that happens before I get a new system. The advantage of using the laptop to drive is I can remote in from anywhere I can carry it. If I can ever get them to learn and use the studio functions I won't even need the remote to do reviews.

Just getting acquainted with it. The BO will hate it, he's not very tech sieve. I'm the tech guy of us and I'm a bit lost, only because I can do a few more things on a computer. It will get better at some point but trying to get the new software working and learn it and blue-beam all at once is a nightmare.

I use an extended screen off of my laptop. It is a 49" hi-def. Took a bit of configuring but it works well....when it works. I remote into my desktop at the office, and when the server traffic is heavy (ENDLESS amounts of people using webex to hear themselves talk really seems to eat the server) the extended screen suffers since it is only my laptop driving it. When that happens I just use it in single screen and it is faster. I have about the largest laptop display known so its not too bad. At some point I will get a better machine to drive it but for now this works. I will probably stay remote (fully or partially) even after the restrictions are eased, so I will see how the servers act with less traffic once that happens before I get a new system. The advantage of using the laptop to drive is I can remote in from anywhere I can carry it. If I can ever get them to learn and use the studio functions I won't even need the remote to do reviews.

On the "Monitor" theme....min size recommendations and cheap options?

I have two 27s at the office and they aren't big enough. The 43 (I said 49 earlier but that was an error) at home works very well. A lot depends on placement (how close your are, angle etc), and how much you need to zoom in and out. The bigger the screen, the less moving around. To me, a 43 is the smallest size that can approximate the size you would get with a set of papers on a desk. I use the laptop a lot when the system bogs down. It has an 18" display, it works but on a big review the in-and-out gets really old. When I can use two screens the laptop works nicely for the permit software and code related look-ups. But never for non-work related internet surfing or solitaire.

So besides the two big screen tv to see the plans,,,

How about computer power or computer needs??? Anything special???

Any other gadgets needed or should have to use or better use Bluebeam???

We might have some COVID relief money coming our way.....Any other options to look at besides BB? Not averse, just trying to do my homework if anyone asks....

Studio seems a bit over the top for our needs, we are really just getting started with digital reviews and stuff...What is the PS integration? does it just automatically open in BB from the PS or is there a better tie in?

Thanks!

Studio seems a bit over the top for our needs, we are really just getting started with digital reviews and stuff...What is the PS integration? does it just automatically open in BB from the PS or is there a better tie in?

Thanks!
It is not as over the top as you think. Once you start using it, you will be hooked because of the ease and safety of the system