• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What Do You Call This Type of Construction in Your Area?

jar546

Forum Coordinator
I would love to see how many variations there are for the same type of construction. What is this called to you?
I'll go first. Tilt wall construction.

IMG_7008.JPGIMG_6683.JPGIMG_6684.JPGIMG_6760.JPGIMG_6761.JPG

Is the variety where the pieces are cast at a precaster and shipped to the site differently named than where the pieces are cast on site.and tilted up?

Is the variety where the pieces are cast at a precaster and shipped to the site differently named than where the pieces are cast on site.and tilted up?

Based on the second photo from the top left, I took it to be the type of construction where the wall panels are cast on-site after the floor slab has been poured, then the walls are simply tilted up and dropped into position.

Tilt-up construction. It is a form of precasting completed on site. The building’s slab-on-grade floor or a separate casting slab is used to form one side of the wall (typically the back side).

If the slab-on-grade floor is used for casting, the panels are then tilted up into position where they are located and anchored to the footing and to the adjacent panels. If using a separate casting slab, the panels are lifted and carried to the area of the building where they will be installed.

Tilt-up. (or Type I/II given you indicated Type of Construction ;))
It could be any construction type, really, depending on the specified fire resistance.

You could have a concrete building with metal interior stud partitions within the allowable height and area for a Type VB building without requiring it to be a Type I or II building.

It could be any construction type, really, depending on the specified fire resistance.

You could have a concrete building with metal interior stud partitions within the allowable height and area for a Type VB building without requiring it to be a Type I or II building.
I know... was just being smart.