• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What is in your back yard?

They hung around for 6 hrs. having their honeymoon. At about noon towards the end of their stay both bears stood up facing each other then she roared and slapped him. Eventually he came up to our rear deck and my wife could see where she hit him. The next morning they had returned; I shot a video but I'm unable to send it from my government issued Andriod; file too large. However I did manage to reduce the size and send it as a picture. The male is shown here using a pink dogwood tree to scratch his belling.

Last edited:
bear-stand-jpg.2917

bear-plate-jpg.2918

Attachments

• Bear Stand.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Bear Plate.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
Q: "How do you tell a brown bear from a grizzly bear?"

- Climb a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a brown bear.

If it knocks the tree down and then eats you, it's a grizzly bear.

Not quite as stunning as bears......but this was on my 8' blade frame this week, the hatch was actually yesterday, the image is as of this morning.

Pretty cool, did not know they were turtle dove eggs, till I scared mama of the nest.

upload_2018-7-8_8-21-5.jpeg

upload_2018-7-8_8-22-12.jpeg

Mama dove....still waiting for the second one.....quality not as good, I had to crop it, I was about 15 ' away at the time.

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment