• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

what municipalities require residential sprinklers?

DWM

we are evaluating how the installation will impact new home construction, i am wondering what chicago suburbs require res.sprinklers?? VS drywalling bsmnt cielings

thanks!!

I did a survey of the north and northwest suburbs. Not sure if that's relevant to you.

I can email you my results if you'd like (PM me)

mj

In the 2012 IRC, it is an option for either sheetrock, solid sawn lumber, or sprinklers in the basement only. Is Chicago that much different?

Welcome to the forum!

fatboy said:
In the 2012 IRC, it is an option for either sheetrock, solid sawn lumber, or sprinklers in the basement only. Is Chicago that much different? Welcome to the forum!
Yes, a lot of suburban amendments requiring 13D.

fatboy said:
In the 2012 IRC, it is an option for either sheetrock, solid sawn lumber, or sprinklers in the basement only. Is Chicago that much different? Welcome to the forum!
chicago different???? are you kidding????? maybe not different except when it comes to politics and everything politics are invovled with in chicago