• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

What's the Verdict?

conarb

I don't know about the rest of you but I still find it difficult to use and am coming here less and less, I can't explain what I mean by "difficult", but it doesn't seem to flow right. How do the rest feel?

The most useful thing about the previous format was the "whats new" feature. I could quickly identify recent topics, and open them up if they were of interest. I can't seem to find an equivalent option in the new format. Maybe its just me, I'll keep trying but for now I am not finding it as useful.

The most useful thing about the previous format was the "whats new" feature. I could quickly identify recent topics' date=' and open them up if they were of interest. I can't seem to find an equivalent option in the new format. Maybe its just me, I'll keep trying but for now I am not finding it as useful.[/quote']I agree. I liked the New Topics list the way it was - when you got the thread list and clicked on the thread you wanted to read, it took you to your last read post. This version doesn't do that - it gives you ALL the recent topics, then you have to sift through the previews to try to figure out where you quit reading the thread the last time, and then click on the post. Takes too long, and too many clicks.

That's my only complaint, the rest of it is fine.

I agree. I liked the New Topics list the way it was - when you got the thread list and clicked on the thread you wanted to read, it took you to your last read post. This version doesn't do that - it gives you ALL the recent topics, then you have to sift through the previews to try to figure out where you quit reading the thread the last time, and then click on the post. Takes too long, and too many clicks.

That's my only complaint, the rest of it is fine.
Click on filter in the upper right

Under time I set mine for "last week" so the latest activity is what pops up on the first page.

You will have to do this for every forum group.

Like most software upgrades it simplifies doing things I rarely do, and adding a click or two to things I do regularly, but I'm getting used to it.

I am a little worried that activity seems to be down. Several threads that used to be active have been quiet recently.

I still have not figured out how to see someone's profile as in what they do. If they have it posted

I agree, This upgrade has made my use of the site very cumbersome. I hope it is just because I am still trying to learn it, but it seems overly complicated. All I want to be able to do is log on and see a list of all of the threads that have received new posts. Should not be to difficult, but so far I have to search for everything. very frustrating.

Change is necessary, especially when it comes to software in an ever changing internet.

Updates contain important changes to improve the performance, stability and security of the applications that run on your computer. Installing them ensures that your software continues to run safely and efficiently. Keep in mind that many web exploits look for outdated software with unpatched security flaws.

No one is trying to make things difficult to anyone at all and with thousands of forum running on our current software version, I have a lot of confidence that eventually all of you will catch on. I don't know what to say anymore. I think we are starting to beat a dead horse here which is making for a build up of frustration. I know you can't please everyone and my verdict is in. Either you like it or you don't and if you visit it less or not at all because I am trying to keep our data safe then that speaks volumes about you.

Change is a difficult thing to overcome. I find several features very useful and other things are more difficult to do - however, that has a lot to do with exploring the website and experimenting with new features that were not there before.

I like the new forum ---- just still having issues with where and how to mark a topic read ---- it seems temperamental in performance and i don't know if it is the software, connection speed, or if it is operator error....

Keeping an open mind and trying to go with the flow...

Under ICE's avatar there are two red rectangles, is that how many time outs he's used or got left?

Maybe that's how many permits he's closed out this year?:cool:

Under ICE's avatar there are two red rectangles, is that how many time outs he's used or got left?Maybe that's how many permits he's closed out this year?:cool:
looked it up once

I think it was rating of the person

# ~ # ~ #

I for one, am not unhappy with the Forum nor happy with the Forum.

IMO, ...it is still THE BEST place that we have to go.

Try to embrace the changes that Jeff has made in the upgrading of

this resource..........He could have simply pulled the plug, and said

"screw it !"

I say "Thank You Jeff" for your continuing efforts ! :encouragement:

# ~ # ~ #

Under ICE's avatar there are two red rectangles, is that how many time outs he's used or got left?Maybe that's how many permits he's closed out this year?:cool:
"""Reputation"""" bar