• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Where are shower enclosures required?

Mule said:
I have to disagree with you on this one. How would you know what the requirements are if the code does not specify what is required "when" a specific situation happens? The code is based on "if you do this then you have to do it this way".
I have no problem with the code telling us what is required. That is what codes do. I stated that the codes should not tell us what is not required, or list all of the things that we are allowed to do.

there are NO doors required anywhere in the IRC anymore.. (if you have them, some additional code requirements may kick in).