• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Where else ya gonna get this kind of stuff?

This thing is guaranteed to kill a few people before it is removed from the marketplace.

This thing is guaranteed to kill a few people before it is removed from the marketplace.
I don't feel safe around the two pole lifts that are anchored to the floor! This one at least has four points on the floor and doesn't lift that high! It certainly looks like it's awfully lightweight considering the capacity it's rated for!

I like it. If you've got a normal-height garage, it'd be perfect for a weekend wrench.

The thing costs $1000 though. You can buy a "real" 2-post lift with a higher capacity and all the safety certs. for virtually the same money.

Tiger:

We did them all the time here in the 60s, Monray got their concrete tile approved for roof pitches at least 4:12 or greater, the problems started later when someone walked on a roof and the tile cracked, cracked tile equals leaks with no underlayment. Monray voluntarily changed it's ICBO approval to mandate underlayment. I knew the chief pilot for KK&R, he was sitting in the cockpit one day and overheard the partners talking about the massive problems that were occurring with Monray tile, a company that they had just acquired, they discussed unloading the company fast, he realized he had Monray tile on the roof of his house, he called me to take a look at it, and yes it was Monray tile and it had no underlayment, in fact he was in an entire tract of homes with Monray tile roofs with no underlayment. After they unloaded and I guess bankrupted Monray to unload the liability it was reborn as Monier tile, a good roof tile in fact I have it on my own roof, another investment group bought it and Lifetile and combined the two as Monier Lifetile which exists today as one of the largest, if not the largest, tile roof manufacturer.

Reactions: ICE
Those eastern bears must be different than western bears, at first I thought it was a guy in a bear suit, then when he went down on all fours he did look like a real bear, I've never seen our bears do that.