• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Where else ya gonna get this kind of stuff?

[/URL]

it looks like it might still be warm.

13171077214_685f85a94d_o.jpg

ICE said:
Even after it started belching foam, it didn't look all that practical.
It's a multi faceted stratagy. At least that's my take after looking closely at the video. If you look at the ceiling you can see conventional piping and sprinklers. So that would function in the traditional sense, but that would not affect the fuel fire which will continue until there is no oxygen. The foam deprives the fire of oxygen. It's what the use on runway fires.

You would have to find a SME to tell you how they work in cunjuction (water then foam, or visa versa) or Maybe they are trained to analyze the condition and activate the appropriate system. I would think you would not hit the water after foam, but I don't know.

But I would surmise the sprinklers are meant for what could be considered a standard structure fire, and the foam works to contain a fuel or flammable liquid spill, maybe activated before it actually ignited.

Brent.