• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Woman with a pencil who draws

Welcome Cindy.

FyrBldgGuy said:
Welcome to the forum Cindy. I never refer to Architects as suggested above. I refer to crayons. An engineer has a crayon box with 16 colors. An architect has a crayon box with 264 colors and uses terms like peach, mauve, and other such shades that mean absolutely nothing to a fire protection engineer like me. I use RED, YELLOW, GREEN, BLUE and BLACK. But I really like RED.

Engineers draw boxes and straight lines, architects use french curves.

And why do drafters use black backgrounds when using AutoCAD? I feel like someone turned the lights off.
Mind if I borrow that FBG? I know a FPE or two that might enjoy it...

I think that in general languages use the masculine form as an inclusive term, so that "man" w/pencil etc. actually means "hu-man" w/pencil who sketch etc.

Posting here can be very informative, especially when you have to do the mental work it takes to frame a question. A certain amount of exposure to slings, arrows, sneers, and laughs is involved, however.