• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Stopping a Footing Pour

need detail for joint condition or nobody will sign off. May not need detail, a document before completing for best results in getting sign off.

& = &

Too much rust ( i.e. - scale ) on the bars, ...some intersections not
tied together, ...reinforcement not fully supported throughout to
prevent deflection during the placement.

& = &

QUOTE="ICE, post: 189687, member: 1348"]Impalement protection?[/QUOTE]
If you are going to start enforcing OSHA Federal Law maybe we ought to get you a gun and have you start shooting illegals violating Federal Law.

My sense is that the concrete foreman either did not have a lot of experience or just did not give a dam. Since it appears to be a commercial project it is likely that there is an engineer who should be asked to create a detail. Many projects have a detail for a construction joint.

My initial bias is to remove the thin layer of concrete

Sorry, my mistake. I recently had a frost footing install and the first thing I notices was no ufer wire, so I'm kinda on the look-out for it. The electrician ran like the wind to get it out of the truck and got it installed.