• Welcome to the new and improved Building Code Forum. We appreciate you being here and hope that you are getting the information that you need concerning all codes of the building trades. This is a free forum to the public due to the generosity of the Sawhorses, Corporate Supporters and Supporters who have upgraded their accounts. If you would like to have improved access to the forum please upgrade to Sawhorse by first logging in then clicking here: Upgrades

Inspector “Sayings”

"They don't make me do this in Long Beach"
"Make it easy on yourself. Do the corrections or drag this house to Long Beach."

For the tenth time: "I have never gotten this correction before."
"Well thanks but there's no need to compliment me."

"You can't do it that way!" It's against code dude!

"Have a fantabulous day!

"Clavios...Clavios...Bang..Bang..Bang... more nails..more nails!"

"That won't fly in the (ICE) Tiger's jungle!"

I don't rally say that last one.

From the other side I've heard for years: "Those stupid inspectors should have to work for10 years as a general contractor before they ever can get hired as an inspector."

Reactions: JBI
"It's suppose to have 1-1/2-inch minimum bearing!" Have you got a tape measure?

Reactions: JBI
Who is your Boss????

He is ......, here is his phone number....

note to self:
My boss likes to write pages of comments, please call him

How many coats is that? "Two coats and a jacket!"

Where's your flashing? What flashing?

Do you have a Business License? "O ya, I'm sure we do!"

Who's Bubby?

seasonal::

You want an inspection when??? Yep and Santa is coming also.

It's fee.

The City requires a Business License or AKA, Occupation License and proof of workers compensation be submitted to the city. I'm the enforcement arm for the City Clerks Office that reminds them to get the BL before I can issue the permit. Some City's by ordinance require the contractor to have a Masters License, we don't require that here.

The quality of your submittal is directly proportional to my confidence in your ability to deliver a code compliant project.

It's fee.

The City requires a Business License or AKA, Occupation License and proof of workers compensation be submitted to the city. I'm the enforcement arm for the City Clerks Office that reminds them to get the BL before I can issue the permit. Some City's by ordinance require the contractor to have a Masters License, we don't require that here.
Be honest, a business license is just anohter way for a city to extort money out of contracators, as if the building permits weren't enough.